Friday, September 10, 2010

The Dreaded W word

So starting this whole thing sounded like a great idea when it was the week and I had nothing going on but school,work and house duties...but the weekend is another story.This weekend alone I have my 9 year-olds birthday party (cake) and 5 soccer games on Saturday( the last one being mine which means Hooters after),and the opening Sunday of football. So I know a challenge is coming...On the plus side, I have ran 4 of the last 6 days, did abs and arm work outs on 3 days and have lost 1.8 lbs. Now, of course I would have loved to drop 5 lbs this week, but for me, that's not reality...unless I was taking some pills or something,which I am not.I didn't take a pill to put on the weight, so bye-golly, I will not take anything to lose it. Plus, I mean come on, they are expensive and the results won't last...yes, I speak from experience. I wanted to share with you a droid app I found on my phone, 2 of them actually. One is called My Fitness Pal - it keeps track of all my calories and activity for the day. I love it because it has the newest foods on there and I don't have to manually add anything. The second one I am using is the Run Keeper. I turn it on when I run and it tracks my miles, distance, pace, and elevation. So I go into this weekend knowing it will be hard, I will run on Saturday and Sunday and play the 44mns indoor soccer game on Saturday,which I know will kick my ass, but I am ready for it. I may stumble,but I will get up and keep going. So Cheers to you if you are going to kick this weekend's butt too! I want to hear about it on Monday!
Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Hey neighbor!!!! I'm totally with you! I saw a horrible picture of me at our football game and have decided i've gotta focus! Engagement pictures are 4 weeks from this upcoming monday so i'm gonna be working towards a goal the next 4 weeks!!!

    We can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks girl!! if you need a walking partner, just knock on the door!

    ReplyDelete